ABOUT THIS ITEM
What Is Yu-Gi-Oh?
In 1996 Japanese magazine Weekly Shonen Jump published Yu-Gi-Oh!, a manga series created by Kazuki Takahashi, introducing protagonist Yugi Mutou and his mysterious millennium puzzle to the world. Upon said puzzle’s completion, Yugi unlocks a dark spirit of an ancient Egyptian pharaoh, who uses Yugi’s body as a host whilst competing in several wicked and nefarious games.
The manga’s popularity saw the swift production of two anime series. The first was a short-lived 27 episode Japan-only series, which mirrors the manga’s dark themes and multi-game focus, whereas the second was Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters (known simply as Yu-Gi-Oh! outside Japan), a 224-episode spectacle primarily involving Yugi and friends using illustrated cards comprising numerous fictional monsters, spells and traps to compete in card games.
The latter’s success led to entertainment conglomerate Konami launching real-life counterparts of the anime cards - and thus the Yu-Gi-Oh! Trading Card Game was born. The Yu-Gi-Oh! TCG is one of the most profitable card games around, generating almost $10 billion and counting since its inception. -- (dicebreaker.com)
- Three different booster packs available
- Choose between either the Battle of Legends, Flames of Destruction, or Ancient Guardians collections
- Each pack includes 5-7 random trading cards from corresponding collections
Yu-Gi-Oh! Battle Of Legends
This all-foil booster set is filled to the brim with never-before-released cards from the Yu-Gi-Oh! manga and anime series, powerful tournament-level mainstays, sought-after themed support, and foil upgrades for fan favourites! Here's a glimpse at just some of what you will see:
- Chaos Emperor, the Dragon of Armageddon previously only available to those who proved themselves worthy in the Yu-Gi-Oh! Championship Series, released now for all to harness its power! Alongside new soldiers from Toon Chaos, you can show what it truly means for Chaos to reign supreme.
- More legendary Dragons descend! Duelists will have a chance to collect Trishula, the Dragon of Icy Imprisonment; Judgment, the Dragon of Heaven; Dark Armed, the Dragon of Annihilation; and Darkness Metal, the Dragon of Dark Steel.
- In an incredible discovery, Jim Crocodile Cook's "Fossil" cards from Yu-Gi-Oh! GX have been unearthed! Summon an ancient Level 8 Fusion Monster that can attack twice and steal a monster from your opponent's Graveyard. But that's not all, if your "Fossil" monster is destroyed, the "Fossil" Fusion Spell Card you used to Summon it can add itself back to your hand to Summon again!
- Another shot at tournament powerhouses like Artifact Sanctum and Chimeratech Megafleet Dragon.
- Themed support like Madolche Anjelly and Black Whirlwind.
- Foil upgrades to fan favorites like Mecha Phantom Beast O-Lion and Dragon Buster Destruction Sword!
Each 5-card pack contains 4 Ultra Rares and 1 Secret Rare.
Yu-Gi-Oh! Flames Of Destruction
Flames of Destruction closes out the first Dueling season of the Yu-Gi-Oh! VRAINS era with a bang! This 100-card booster set will shake things up with new cards for established Deck themes, a brand-new Link Monster theme that can be played as its own Deck or spliced into existing strategies, the return of the Elemental Lords, and more!
Flames of Destruction is full of cards that are useful in any Deck and cards that elevate popular themes to new heights! You could find…
- Powerful Trap Cards you can activate from your hand.
- A new “Trap Hole” that banishes monsters face down.
- A Spell that revives one of your monsters in a Zone a Link Monster is pointing to.
- A new “Topologic” Link Monster that banishes all Spells and Traps on the field when a monster is Special Summoned to a Zone it points to.
- A Dragon that can erase all the cards in a single column and then render that column unusable.
- A “Trickstar” soloist that shrugs off activated card effects and inflicts big damage every turn.
- An “Altergeist” spin on Tour Guide from the Underworld… …and more!
Each booster pack contains 9 random cards.
Yu-Gi-Oh! Ancient Guardians
Ancient Guardians unearths powerful new monsters in Spring 2021! This 60-card booster set introduces 3 brand-new strategies along with older cards that enhance them. As in Toon Chaos and Genesis Impact, 15 cards from the set will also be available as Collector’s Rares, and these will include a mix of new cards and older favourites.
- A new Graveyard-based strategy rises to the occasion! Ancient Guardians will also include hard-to-find older cards to help make your Graveyard rain with monsters so you can pit them against your opponent.
- Pendulum Summon and compose a brand-new harmony! Pay close attention to the Pendulum Scales of your monsters and maximize your Pendulum Summons. Ancient Guardians will also include classic cards for Pendulum strategies like Luster Pendulum, the Dracoslayer and Ignister Prominence, the Blasting Dracoslayer.
- Finally, a new theme with a spin on Synchro Summoning so cool it’ll send a chill down your opponent’s spine! The “Ursarctic” monsters thrive in negative temperatures that use a modified way to Special Summon Synchro Monsters. Instead of looking at the sum of the Levels of a Tuner and non-Tuner, you look at the difference between their Levels instead! But, bear in mind that this isn’t a Synchro Summon! Start off with Ursarctic Polari, the first Level 1 Synchro Monster, which you’ll need to Summon Ursarctic Septentrion – an incredible Synchro Monster with the power to suppress the effects of monsters without Levels!
Each 7-card booster pack contains 1 Foil card and 6 Rares.